So, you want to live like a Queen (or King) but your room is more akin to a servant’s quarters? Not to worry, that’s precisely why I’ve put together this rather short article. Here we will go through some ideas on how to accommodate a queen bed even in a small room, while not feeling cramped.
1) Measure Twice, Buy Once: The Golden Rule
I cannot stress this enough: grab your tape measure and get to work! You wouldn’t go grocery shopping without a list, would you? Actually, don’t answer that.
- Bed Dimensions: Measure your bed, jot down the dimensions, and worship these numbers. They’re your new best friends.
- Room Dimensions: Measure your room, and this time, don’t forget the nooks, crannies, doors, and windows. Remember, it’s a cruel, cruel world out there for the unprepared!
2) Placement: Feng Shui Time
Okay, listen, now comes the fun part. You’ve got your numbers, you’ve got your bed, and now it’s time to play around with placement. It’s like playing house, but the stakes are much higher.
- Center Stage: If you’re lucky, you can place your bed in the middle of the room. Congrats, you’ve hit the jackpot!
- Corner Pocket: If not, try placing your bed in a corner. It’s like you’re back in your college dorm, but with fewer ramen noodles.
- Window View: If you’re feeling adventurous (and don’t mind a bit of sunlight), try placing your bed under a window. It’s like camping, but with fewer mosquitoes.
3) Double Duty: Because Who Needs a Dining Table Anyway?
Who says a bed is just for sleeping? What, your better half? Nah, who cares. In a small room, every piece of furniture has to pull double duty. It’s time to get creative fellas.
- Desk by Day, Bed by Night: Who needs a separate desk when you can work from your bed? Just remember to hide the evidence when it’s time to clock out.
- Seating Area: Put some cushions on your bed and voila! You’ve got a sofa. Just beware of the temptation to take a nap in the middle of your Netflix binge.
- Storage Solution: Get a bed frame with storage, or use the space under your bed. It’s like having a secret lair, but for your winter clothes.
The Final Stretch (or Squish)
Oh boy, do I love puns or what? These are just a few of the many tips that can give you an idea of how to properly accommodate a queen bed in a small space. Personally, I’m a big fan of the “double duty” beds that can transform into another object during the day, but you do you. Good luck!