People are spending a lot of time indoors these days. As we try to make our days normal, what is more normal than doing laundry? Some people live in apartment buildings that provide laundry rooms in the basements, but not everyone is as fortunate. Whether you live in a house or an apartment that allows you to have a washing machine, you probably would prefer this as opposed to going to a laundry mat. Especially during a time where people are urged to stay indoors. The problem? Sometimes washing machines are loud. You have the convenience of doing your laundry in your home, but it’s hard to concentrate on anything else when the machine is making so much noise.
That is why you want to purchase a quiet washing machine. With one, you will be able to successfully wash your clothes without being bothered by loud noise. In this article, we will offer a few suggestions for you to read about, as well as break down all of the positive and negatives of each product. This way, you can make an educated decision as to what is the best quiet washing machine that you can get online.
Table of Contents
- What to Look For Before Purchase
- Quick Comparison Table
- Which Should You Get?
- 1) Panda PAN6320W Portable Machine with 10lbs Capacity and 10 Wash Programs
- 2) COMFEE’ 1.6 Cu.ft Portable Washing Machine
- 3) Splendide WD2100XC White Vented Combo Washer and Dryer
- 4) SUPER DEAL Portable Compact Washing Machine
- 5) Giantex Full-Automatic Portable Washing Machine
- 6) SUPER DEAL 2IN1 Mini Compact Twin Tub Washing Machine
- 7) ZENSTYLE Full-Automatic Multifunctional Portable Washing Machine
- 8) Equator 2019 24″ Quiet Combo Washer Dryer Ch. Gold Winterize
- 9) KUPPET Compact Twin Tub Portable Mini Washing Machine 21lbs Capacity
- 10) Giantex Full-Automatic Portable 10-lbs Capacity Washing Machine
- 11) KUPPET Portable 16.5lbs Compact Twin Tub Wash&Spin Combo Washing Machine
What to Look For Before Purchase
Before diving into our list of the best quiet washing machines on the market, there are several factors one should consider before purchase.
Since you are probably looking for a quiet piece of washing machine, noise level is number one factor to consider. Depending on design and sound insulation technologies, your new washing machine doesn’t have to beat a loud beast. There are actually machines that don’t go over ~ 40 dB, but those are usually portable in design, thus sacrificing load capacity and drying unit.
However, there are compromises that you can find, a perfect balance among noise level, capacity, size, features and other factors.
For your (reader’s) convenience, I’ve put together a comprehensive table where you can compare various models with a quick glance.
Size is yet another factor to be considered. Make sure to double-check the dimensions of your chosen model, as it would be a shame if it couldn’t fit in your chosen place. Most people don’t have more than one or two options where to place a washing machine.
Also, don’t forget that portable washing machines take a lot less space then non-portable ones, however, as I’ve mentioned above, you will be sacrificing other features as well. For convenience’s sake, I’ve added dimensions of each model to the comparison table, but you should also double check that information with the manufacturer.
In case you plan to move your new quiet washing machine from one place to another, or you simply decide to go for a portable model, then weight might be a factor worth considering.
Please keep in mind that non-portable models usually weight more than twice as much as the portable models. For example, Panda 6320W portable model sits at 60 pounds, while the Splendide 2100XC non-portable model weighs 145 lbs.
In case you still wish to go for a non-portable model and yet are not sure where to place it, at least make sure you have some proper help at your home. I wouldn’t want to lift a washing machine on my own.
If you plan to wash clothes for the entire family, then 5 lbs capacity won’t be enough. The load capacity should be considered as well. It is usually measured either by cubic feet or in lbs.
1.34 cubic feet is plus-minus about 10 lbs of washing capacity – I’ve made sure that at least one of these measurements is present for each model in the guide.
The portable models usually feature 7-12 lbs capacity, while the non-portable ones can go up to 15 and up pounds. Also keep in mind that if you choose a model with a drying unit, the capacity for the dryer is usually smaller than the one for washing – so make sure to check both values properly.
Number of wash programs is a factor that should be considered if you are not the type of person that puts all the clothes in and just presses “wash”.
If you are separating your delicates, or clothes by color, or by wash warnings on the label, then number of wash programs should be considered. Most portable and non-portable machines come with 10 wash programs.
There are also ultra-portable (camping) washing machines that usually have only 2-3 wash programs and adjustable wash time, but these models are usually picked by customers for their super portability and not for their effectiveness. You have to sacrifice something, right?
Do you wish to purchase a 2-in-1 washing machine, with already included dryer? You can of course do so, but in all cases, you will have to sacrifice portability. In most cases, only the “standard” sized, large washing machines come with a drying unit.
Alternatively, you can purchase a portable washer plus some small drying unit, it all comes down to your preferences.
Do you have enough money for your winner? It would be a shame if the chosen model had all you ever asked for, only to be too expensive. Don’t forget to check the price immediately, so you don’t have to waste your time looking at the features, if you can’t afford it.
Quick Comparison Table
Which Should You Get?
Let’s check out the 11 best quiet washing machines on the market.
Note: I would like to point out that most (but not all) washing machines on this list are portable, thus using smaller load capacity.
1) Panda PAN6320W Portable Machine with 10lbs Capacity and 10 Wash Programs
If you are looking for a quiet and compact washing machine that provides a silent run then you have to look at the Panda PAN6320W.
This option can be plugged in anywhere and can wash up to ten pounds of laundry. When you are planning on reading a book on your porch, you can set the Panda on and not be disturbed by noise with this quiet option.
- You can connect this washer directly to your faucet for an easy set up that doesn’t take much set up time.
- This machine gets great reviews from people who cite that it gets the job done and that it is perfectly quiet.
- It’s a bit more expansive than the competition.
- Another thing is that it can only hold up to ten pounds of clothes, so if you’re looking to do more, then you will have to split them up.
Our rating: 4.7 / 5
2) COMFEE’ 1.6 Cu.ft Portable Washing Machine
One of the quietest leaders in the quiet washing machines category is also portable in design. COMFEE’ portable washing machine (model CLV16N2AMG) is a free-standing model that doesn’t produce over 62 decibels during fastest run and generates mere ~ 43 dB during a normal run.
This particular model comes with 6 wash programs and according to manufacturer, is extremely energy saving, with less than 84% energy consumption compared to models in the same category – however, we weren’t able to find any certificate behind this information, nor any official energy star rating.
Wash programs seem to be a bit confusing, but all the correct information can be found in the instruction manual.
Dimensions: 20.7 x 20.3 x 36.6 inches
Weight: 70.5 pounds
- Quiet run (43 – 62 dB)
- Portable in design
- Energy efficient (according to the manufacturer)
- Manual with proper program explanations
- Wash programs are bit confusing (default mode is heavy, not normal mode)
- Included drain hose is quite short (check the details to make sure the length is enough for you)
Our rating: 4.6 / 5
3) Splendide WD2100XC White Vented Combo Washer and Dryer
The Splendide WD2100XC is promoted as a super silent option in washer machine technology.
Coming in white, this washer is a dryer combo, so you don’t have to bother with buying two separate units to complete a full load. The maximum spin speed can get up to 1,200 RPM and the maximum load capacity for the washer is fifteen pounds.
- Not only is this option great for two-in-one needs, but you can use the Slendide even in an RV setting, which means it’s great for portability.
- The Splendide is long-lasting, with some users having one for years without it ever breaking down.
- On top of the hefty price tag, the Splendide also requires frequent maintenance and can only do up to fifteen pounds of laundry.
- Some users have said that the machine does leave clothes wrinkled after you wash them, so you will probably have to iron your clothes before use.
Our rating: 4.6 / 5
4) SUPER DEAL Portable Compact Washing Machine
I’ve decided to include this ultra-portable compact washing machine by Super Deal for several reasons. While it does not have features like a full-fledged washing machine, it still does the job it’s designed for with very limited amount of noise. Actually, since the laundry doesn’t jump or spin in this simple, yet effective design, the amount of noise level is greatly reduced and range between 18-45 decibels.
This particular model comes with 3 features, each with several settings. Washer timer – with 5 settings, Washing modes – with 3 settings and Spinner timer – with 5 settings. The combination of these features will allow you to set it according to your preferences.
Again, this is not a fully-fledged washing machine, but it still does the job well. Kudos to the manufacturer.
- Extremely portable and compact
- Several features and modes to choose from
- Does the job well
- Quiet operation
- The drain pipe is only 2 feet long
- Only 5.5 lbs capacity
Our rating: 4.5 / 5
5) Giantex Full-Automatic Portable Washing Machine
The Giantex has eight different water selections and comes with an LED light panel.
What makes the Giantex unique from the others on this list is that it has child lock protection. The last thing you want is for a young child to get into one of these machines – that would be very dangerous and have catastrophic results. With the Giantex, you don’t have to worry about your children being in harm’s way.
- There is a digital timer that is able to monitor the time while you are doing a load of laundry.
- This quiet washing machine can be easily moved and you can make sure it fits in your home perfectly to be out of the way and not disrupt any space in your house.
- The balance is automatically adjusted to prevent loud vibrating noises, so you can always be assured that you won’t be bothered by a noisy washing machine.
- Even though this machine is called the Giantex, it can only handle a load of laundry less than ten pounds. This means that you will have to split up your loads of laundry and not be able to do any that is too large.
- There are not too many negative reviews other than one person citing that the drain tube was a little difficult to attach.
Our rating: 4.5 / 5
6) SUPER DEAL 2IN1 Mini Compact Twin Tub Washing Machine
Like a few washing machines on this list, this option is also a two in one washer and spinner.
That isn’t the best part, though; what you are looking for is quiet and this is quiet. It can also hold up to 17.6 pounds of laundry, which is more than many on this list. It also means you will be able to crank out more dirty clothes than before.
- This high-density plastic body was built to last so that you can have it for many years to come, without worrying about it break down.
- You can save money due to this machine not needing much detergent in order to get the job done.
- This option comes with a drain tube for easy draining.
- According to a user, you need to make sure you put in very little detergent or else the load will get very sudsy.
Our rating: 4.5 / 5
7) ZENSTYLE Full-Automatic Multifunctional Portable Washing Machine
Doesn’t the name Zenstyle even sound like it’s going to be quiet? After all, we can all use a little bit of Zen during these days.
Even though the Zenstyle is compact and lightweight, it also can hold a lot of clothes, so you don’t have to do smaller loads. This option can hold up to 10 lbs, which means you can do decent amounts of laundry while at home. The Zenstyle features a 1300RPM motor with max frequency of 60Hz to ensure a silent run.
- The Zenstyle is fully automatic, which means no muss, no fuss. You don’t have to worry about hovering over it. Just throw your clothes in, turn it on and walk away.
- Because this machine is compact, you can place it anywhere in the home without it intruding on your space. This, mixed with how quiet it is; really makes it a good contender when you are looking for the best quiet washing machine.
- The Zenstyle machine has eight wash cycles and 10 different settings that are all properly displayed on the panel of the washing machine.
- The Zenstyle has been described as small by other users. If you are looking for a machine to do 50 lbs of laundry, the Zenstyle may not be the best one for you.
- Hose quick connect system is not perfect
Our rating: 4.3 / 5
8) Equator 2019 24″ Quiet Combo Washer Dryer Ch. Gold Winterize
The Equator is not only a quiet option, but a very stylish looking washing machine.
Not only does it come in gold, but also black, red, and pink. This ensures that you have the nicest looking quiet washing machine that you can buy. This efficient machine is a washer dryer combo so that you can have everything you need to complete a load of laundry. Due to the machine being compact, it takes up little amount of space in your home.
- This machine offers a quiet option that will allow you to enjoy a peaceful afternoon while doing laundry.
- The maximum spin speed goes up to 1,200 RPM.
- You can actually set the washer up to twenty-four hours before you’re intending to do a load.
- The first con that should be mentioned is the high price tag. Most of the options on this list are incredibly affordable, but the Equator is pricey.
- The combo option only comes in gold; the other colors are simply a washer.
Our rating: 4.3 / 5
9) KUPPET Compact Twin Tub Portable Mini Washing Machine 21lbs Capacity
Here is another Kuppet washing machine for you to consider when you are looking for the best quiet washing machine.
A compact twin tub means that you can have a wash cycle and a spin cycle. The best thing? It can hold more weight than the previous machine mentioned in this article. This Kuppet is the 2019 addition and features a 1300RPM powerful motor with a max frequency of 60Hz. This means you can spend less time washing your clothes and more time with your family during our time of isolation.
- This Kuppet is easy to use and portable. It’s quiet, which is the main attraction to every machine on this list. Not everyone has endless space in their home, so you don’t want any washing machine to take up too much space. The Kuppet will be out of the way and still get the job done.
- Based on one user, the seller has not been entirely transparent about the condition of used machines that they put online.
- One user cited that that the machine left whites stained, which, you want your whites to get properly cleaned.
- That same user also shared that their machine wasn’t draining and perhaps the water was still dirty.
Our rating: 4.2 / 5
10) Giantex Full-Automatic Portable 10-lbs Capacity Washing Machine
Here is another Giantex option that actually has a bit of flair to it that can make a nice addition to the home.
The option that we’re highlighting here has a yellow top, but there are options where you can get a Giantex with a blue top and one with a pink top. It may not seem like a big deal, but when you’re decorating your home, it doesn’t hurt to have your washing machine look stylish as well. On top of this aesthetic advantage, this machine has six programs, three water levels, and an indicator light on the control panel.
- This machine is compact and can be transported easily around the house. You don’t need to worry about having anyone install it for you due to the Giantex being so lightweight.
- Like the other washing machines in this list, the Giantex is quiet and allows for a nearly silent wash load so you don’t have to deal with any disruption in your home.
- There are adjustable feet to help prevent any violent rattling that would make for uncomfortable noise.
- Watering hose could be of higher quality
- Adapter for hose is not included for some weird reason
Our rating: 4.2 / 5
11) KUPPET Portable 16.5lbs Compact Twin Tub Wash&Spin Combo Washing Machine
This duel washing machine is compact and great for washing larger loads of clothes for the whole family.
With its easy and simple design, all you need to do is put your clothes in, add water, and you are good to go! The point of having a washing machine in your home is not only convenience, but to actually and successfully wash your clothes. You also want the best quiet washing machine that you can get and with the Kuppet, you won’t be bothered by a loud washing machine in the middle of the night.
- The Kuppet can easily be drained with a 29.5” drainage tube, which is much longer than most washing machines.
- This washing machine can wash up to 16.5 pounds of clothes, so you can do either a personal load or wash your family’s laundry whenever you want to.
- Used parts are not made of very high quality
- Many washing machines for the home are more compact than what you would typically find in a laundromat. Keep this in mind when you are purchasing washing machines like the Kuppet.
Our rating: 4.1 / 5
Everyone does laundry. Everyone likes clean clothes. And everyone likes a quiet machine that won’t make any noise. It’s important to do your research before you decide to purchase a washing machine, but it is our hope that you consider any of these options for your washing needs. Enjoy a simple few steps to your washer and a peaceful load when you purchase any of this quiet washing machines.
Users also searched for best quiet tumble dryers.