Whether you are a muffin lover or not, believe it when we say that a small muffin pan is a must-have in every kitchen. It allows you to prepare these handy snacks in an instant and can be a real savior when you have guests come over unexpectedly. Plus, you can also use it to bake buns, prepare mini egg sandwiches, cupcakes (of course!), and more.
However, when it comes to buying the best small muffin pan, the plethora of products available in the market can leave you rather perplexed. To make the process easier for you, we surfed the internet to see the most popular muffin pans among users. Based on their functionality and performance, we have listed down the ones that will be worth your while. But before that, take a look at some important things that you need to consider when buying a mini muffin tin.
Table of Contents
- What to Look for In a Muffin Pan
- Best Small Muffin Tins
- End Note
What to Look for In a Muffin Pan
If you want soft, moist, and evenly baked muffins, keep the following points in mind:
The type of material of the pan plays a crucial role in determining how your muffins will turn out.
- Aluminum – Is usually the best for small muffins because it distributes heat evenly, helping them bake faster.
- Silicone – Is ideal for those who don’t like the post-baking cleanup because unlike their aluminum counterparts, silicone muffin pans are dishwasher safe.
- Stainless steel – This is the preferable material if you plan to use your muffin pan for baking a variety of other items too.
- Carbon steel – Gives the most bang for your buck given its high durability and resistance to dents.
The overall size of a small muffin pan greatly varies with the number of cups it has. A 24-cavity pan will, of course, be larger than a 12-cavity one. If your oven is relatively small, make sure the pan will fit.
As for the individual cup size, you need to decide which one will best suit your needs. For small-sized muffins, cups that measure 2-3 inches at the bottom work best. However, if you are interested in making only bite-sized muffins, go for a tin that is no wider than 1 inch at the bottom.
Color and Coating
Pro bakers say that muffins are very forgiving to the pan color and coating (glossy or matt). But some are of the opinion that dark colored and matt pans tend to brown the contents when baked. This may be true for commercial-grade infrared ovens. But if you take your food very seriously, you might want to pay attention to the color and type of finish of your muffin pan.
Best Small Muffin Tins
Well, it’s time to go directly to our list.
1) Wilton Perfect Results Premium Muffin Pan
Wilton is widely known as the baking supply store that has something useful for every baker. The Perfect Results Muffin Pan is one of their bestselling items that you would definitely want to get your hands on.
Made from heavy-duty cold-rolled steel, it is a highly durable pan that will last you for years to come. Its non-stick coating means the muffins almost pop out on their own. No need to run a knife around the sides. It also allows for quick cleanup – just run it under warm soapy water and you are good to go. If that still seems like too much work, you can even toss it into the dishwasher.
Featuring only 1.5-inch wide cups, the Perfect Results Muffin Pan is the smallest muffin pan at Wilton. But in terms of serving size, it’s really grand as it allows you to bake a whopping 2 dozen mini muffins at once!
Pan Dimensions: 1.1 x 10.31 x 16.33 inches
Cavity Size: 1 x 1.5 inches diameter
- Makes 24 muffins at once
- Made from reinforced steel
- Non-stick surface
- Easy food release
- Large handles provide easy grip
- Dishwasher safe
- 10-year warranty
- May not be suitable for daily use
Our rating: 4.8 / 5
2) USA Pan 1200MF Muffin Pan
Make bite-sized breakfast treats, cupcakes, appetizers, and more in the USA Muffin Pan. With each cup measuring less than 1.5 inches in diameter, this is the smallest muffin pan that can help you make a big impression with your baking skills.
The USA Muffin Pan is sold in two sizes – one allows you to make 12 cupcakes at a time while the other allows you to make twice as many. It is manufactured with the patented Americoat Plus technology that ensures easy removal of baked-goods. The non-stick coating, which is free of PTFE, BPA, and other harmful chemicals, makes for easy cleaning, despite the product being non-dishwasher safe.
Pan Dimensions: 15.75 x 1.3 x 1.33 inches (12 cups)
- Comes in two pan sizes (12 and 24 cups)
- Non-stick top coat
- Quick and easy cleanup
- Warp and scratch resistant
- Easy food release
- Lifetime warranty
- Slightly more expensive than other alternatives
- Not compatible for use in dishwasher
Our rating: 4.8 / 5
3) Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Muffin Pan
How can we talk about the best mini muffin tin and forget to mention Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Muffin Pan?
If you are hesitant to buy non-stick bakeware due to the possibility of toxic chemicals in the coating, this aluminum pan is the ultimate choice to consider. Built from 100% pure aluminum, the Nordic Ware muffin pan comes with a lifetime of durability. It conducts heat evenly, ensuring that your muffins rise perfectly without sticking to the sides.
You can bake a dozen muffins at a time or use this smallest muffin pan for making buns and brownie bites instead.
Product Dimensions: 13.5 x 9.88 x 2 inches
- Made from premium-grade aluminum
- High durability
- Rust resistant
- Comes with a plastic lid for easy storage
- Encapsulated steel rim prevents warping at high temperatures
- Baked goods turn slightly brown
- You need to use a bit of oil or butter spray
- May require some effort to clean properly
Our rating: 4.7 / 5
4) Oxo Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Muffin Pan
The Oxo Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Muffin Pan can help you bake more than just muffins. It’s perfect for making mini quiches, mini pizzas, cupcakes, loaf bites, and the likes. If you are always entertaining friends and a large number of family members at home, this is a versatile tool for preparing party food.
Manufactured with Swiss-engineered technology, this mini muffin tin is reinforced with ceramic to ensure longevity. The base material is heavy-gauge aluminized steel and resistant to scratches, stains, and corrosion. The top coat is non-stick and features a micro-textured design to ensure even heat distribution.
Pan Dimensions: 16.9 x 11.75 x 1.66 inches (12-cup)
- Available in 12 and 24-cups
- Ceramic reinforced
- Stain and scratch resistant
- Non-stick coating
- Ergonomic, no-slip handles
- Easy to clean
- May warp at temperatures above 400-degrees F
- Not dishwasher safe
- Individual cup size not known
Our rating: 4.7 / 5
5) Rachael Ray Cucina Non-Stick Muffin Tin
The Rachael Ray Cucina Non-Stick Muffin Tin is one of the most sought-after muffin pans because it is made for a cook, by a cook.
It has a durable steel construction with rolled-rim edges that prevent chips and scratches. It’s sleek and stylish design naturally matches the modern kitchen. You can safely use it in your home oven up to a temperature of 450-degrees F. The product is dishwasher-safe but the manufacturer recommends that you hand wash it instead.
The Rachael Ray Cucina Muffin Tin is not the smallest muffin pan in the sense that the cups are wider than 1-inch at the base. But what it different than your average, jumbo-sized muffin pans is the shallow cup depth. That is, this pan makes relatively flat, more spread-out muffins. The cup depth also makes it ideal for making savory snacks like mini quiches, burger buns, etc.
Pan Dimensions: 9.7 x 4.12 x 1.2 inches
- Designed for everyday baking
- Wide pan handles provide excellent grip
- Oven safe to 450-degrees F
- Perfect for making mini pizzas and mini pies
- Available in 12 and 24 cups
- Relatively hard to clean
Our rating: 4.6 / 5
6) KPKitchen Silicone Muffin Pan
Silicone muffin pans are perfect for fun baking sessions with your kids. If you are looking for this type of pans, look no further than the Silicone Muffin Pan by KPKitchen.
Made from the highest-quality LFGB European silicone, this flexible muffin pan is 100% safe to use. Unlike various other brands that use cheap silicone, KPKitchen’s muffin pan is completely free of toxic compounds. It has no additives and plastic fillers, is pinch-test approved, and will not leak any chemicals into your food when heated.
Pan Dimensions: 14.17 x 9.84 x 2.05 inches
Cavity Size: 1 oz. capacity
- Available in 12 and 24 mini muffin tin cup sizes
- Made from 100% pure European LFGB grade silicone
- Dishwasher and freezer safe
- Hassle-free cleanup
- Comes with free cupcake liners
- Get access to a free recipe eBook
- May take some practice getting used to (silicone pans can be a little wobbly)
Our rating: 4.6 / 5
When it comes to buying the best small muffin pan, it’s always better to get one good lifetime baking tool rather than a bunch of cheap ones. We hope that with all the aforementioned information on muffin tins, you found what you had been looking for. Order now and get baking for some sweet indulgence!
Users also searched for: