Have you ever wondered how getting yourself a new blender might be more than just a convenient kitchen appliance? No, I’m not on drugs, but listen, what about the overall décor improvement (or overall change for that matter)?
Indeed, an aesthetically pleasing blender might do just that. But of course, beautiful design cannot go against practical functionality. So, where’s the compromise?
1) The Beauty and the Blend: Aesthetics
In today’s Instagram-obsessed world, if your blender isn’t a looker, it’s not going to win any popularity contests. It’s so weird that this weirdness actually applies to kitchen appliances as well. Well, what can you do, right? Thankfully, modern blenders have stepped up their game.
- Colors and finishes: Modern blenders come in a variety of colors and finishes, from sleek stainless steel to bold hues that scream “I’m not just a kitchen appliance, I’m a statement!”
- Compact and streamlined designs: Let’s face it, nobody wants a blender that’s bulkier than a sumo wrestler (no offense). Today’s blenders have said goodbye to unnecessary bulk and embraced slim, streamlined designs that fit neatly on your countertop. I mean, with so many available kitchen appliances, it’s basically a must.
2) Feels Good to Blend: Ergonomics
Ever tried wrestling a stubborn blender? Not fun. Ergonomics in blender design ensures that your blending experience is as smooth as the smoothies you’re making.
- Easy-grip handles: Because nobody wants to drop their blender jar in the middle of making a breakfast smoothie.
- Convenient control placement: Modern blender controls are strategically placed so you can access them without having to perform a finger gymnastics routine.
- Detachable parts: Cleaning a blender shouldn’t feel like solving a Rubik’s Cube. Removable blades and dishwasher-safe jars make cleaning a breeze.
3) Blend it Like a Pro: Functionality
What good is a pretty blender if it can’t crush ice, chop veggies, or blend smoothies? Thankfully, blenders these days come loaded with features designed to make your blending tasks a piece of cake (blender-made, of course).
- Multiple speed settings: Why? Simply because blending delicate fruits and crushing hard ice require different levels of power. Modern blenders come with various speed settings, giving you full control over the blending process.
- Pulse function: This handy feature allows you to chop food precisely or give your blend a quick burst of power. Cool, huh?
- Versatile jars and attachments: From single-serve jars for on-the-go smoothies to food processor attachments for slicing and dicing, modern blenders are the multitaskers of the kitchen world.
- Noise insulation: A lot of blenders are quite loud, which is logical considering they are equipped with powerful motors. But there’s this ever-growing niche of modern blenders with various sound insulation technologies. My personal take on this? Shut up and take my money.
As you can see, modern design and aesthetics don’t need to go against basic functionality. Actually, it seems that designers lean more towards basic, slim, sleek, and yet very aesthetically pleasing designs these days. That’s a win-win actually, no matter if you are super practical or a home-décor designer, in this case, everybody wins.