Would you like to have a dishwasher but do not want to go through an expensive kitchen remodel to get it? Consider the Danby DDW631SDB freestanding countertop dishwasher.
If you are an individual who needs everything to be squeaky clean, buying a countertop dishwasher would be worth the small price to make sure your dishes don’t just look clean but are clean!
What Will You Get?
The Danby DDW631SDB Countertop Dishwasher is a little more costly than other countertop models. But if you are in search of a great performing countertop dishwasher, this one is a great choice.
Washing dishes has never been easier. This stylish countertop dishwasher utilizes just 3.1 gallons of water for a normal cycle. It has eight different settings, which are easily programmed and monitored via an electronic LED display.
A countertop dishwasher needs to be easy to connect and disconnect for those living in small apartments or planning to use them in an RV, boat, motorhome, or cottage. The Danby DDW631SDB is perfect for these situations.
If you are in a rental property that is not equipped with a dishwasher, a countertop model is for you. Yes, they are small, but for one or two people, they are ideal. If you have limited counter space, consider placing it on a kitchen cart or under the sink.
Because of its demure size, a countertop dishwasher can only hold smaller items such as plates, mugs, glasses, and cutlery. Countertop units can range from a four-place to six-place capacity. The Danby DDW631SDB has a six-place setting capacity. Larger items will need to be washed in the sink.
The countertop dishwasher takes up space on the counter when not in use unless you store it on a cart or in a cabinet, but it is still a valuable appliance to have.
Make sure you run the water to ensure it is hot prior to hooking up the unit. Be careful not to overload the dishwasher. The most common complaint regarding any dishwasher is that the dishes do not get clean. But this is due to the dishes being stacked on top of each other – if the water is unable to reach a dish, it won’t get clean.
You can check an overview video here (by Appliance Factory & Mattress Kingdom):
Here are some features of the Danby DDW631SDB, which make it perfect for those with limited kitchen space yet desire the convenience of a dishwasher.
- The dishwasher design offers quick and straightforward installation as it is easily hooked up to any faucet in the kitchen.
- The durable stainless-steel interior makes it easy to keep clean. There is a detergent and rinse agent dispenser for convenience.
- Finish dishwashing detergent and rinse aid is recommended by Danby for the best results. Finish products are not included.
- This portable and chic unit is designed to fit under any kitchen cabinet.
- Six-place setting capacity
- Silverware basket
- Stainless steel color
- Size: 17.24” High x 21.65” Wide x 19.69” Deep
- Space-saving compact countertop dishwasher has a quick connect feature that works with most kitchen faucets
- Water consumption of 3.1 gallons of water per wash helps to save money
- Eight cycles from which to choose. They are normal, heavy, rinse, rapid, glass, baby bottle, soak, eco.
- Option to delay the start by two, four, six, or eight hours
- New, improved spray arm and filter get dishes cleaner
- Features durable stainless-steel interior
- Quiet operation at only 52dB, about the same as a microwave
- Electronic controls with LED display
- Display timer: counts down to the end of the cycle
- Features silver with a black LED display
- Meets or exceeds the ENERGY STAR standard
- 1-year manufacturer limited warranty
Although it does have a pump, it is recommended that it be placed on the kitchen counter beside the sink when in use. The power cord is short, and the nozzle even shorter. It is easy to drain what water remains in the hose after its disconnected.
No Need For Prewash
It is recommended you do not prewash dishes. Remove excess food, however. Detergents are enzyme-based, and if you prewash, they will eat the finish of the dishes rather than the food residue.
Hard water will lessen the life of a dishwasher or any appliance. You may want to consider purchasing or leasing a water softener to extend the life of the appliances which use water, especially if you have hard water in the area you live.
View this post on Instagram
Never allow your dishes to sit in a moist closed environment. It causes bacteria to grow and will lessen the life of the pump. After the cycle has completed, open the door slightly to allow the steam to escape. If the inside of the dishwasher is moist, do not close the door.
Quieter Than Before
The wash cycle is noticeably quiet, but the discharge cycle is louder. The machine could use better soundproofing around the pump, although the manufacturer states it won’t go over 54 decibels. But the unit cleans very well, making Danby the manufacturer to buy for their countertop models.
As the Danby DDW631SDB countertop dishwasher will need a water source, make sure your faucet has a threaded faucet spout. If you have a faucet with a built-in sprayer, it will not have a faucet spout that is threaded.
However, to install an adapter, you can take off the aerator, the faucet’s perforated cover that creates a spray.
Pros and Cons
Now that you know what you are getting into, let’s check out pros and cons.
- Cleans everything properly
- Better drying than most
- Durable stainless-steel interior
- Noticeably quiet wash cycle and overall quiet operation
- Works very well even with caked-on food
- Directly competes with full-sized dishwashers
- Compact design
- According to verified owners, works the same after months of daily use
- A little more expensive
- The power cord is short
- Nozzle is short
- If your faucet does not have a threaded spout or has a built-in sprayer, you will need an adapter
Our rating: 4.5 / 5
As you have read, the Danby DDW631SDB has a wide range of varying opinions from its customers. However, you cannot doubt the fact that if you are short of space in your kitchen or want to use it in an RV, boat, or motorhome, a countertop dishwasher is the way to go. According to the experts, the Danby countertop dishwasher is one of the best you can buy. If you require a powerful little unit that can make your life easier and give you time for things you really enjoy (assuming dishwashing is not one of those things!), give Danby a try! You will be glad you did.