Are you wondering which countertop dishwasher to get? Well, the Farberware Countertop Dishwasher (Model FCD06ABBWHA) is a fantastic option if you are in a home that cannot fit a dishwasher or even an apartment without a dishwasher hookup. This countertop dishwasher connects right to your kitchen sink and requires no further water hookups. This is a dream come true for people stuck washing dishes by hand.
Countertop dishwashers are convenient for people who may not have time to wash a sink full of dishes every night. This includes a busy mom or dad, or even for new parents who are looking to sanitize their baby bottles. It has all of the features of a regular dishwasher in a convenient countertop size.
This model is stainless steel which is attractive to the eye and matches well with all kitchens. However, there are other models available if you are looking for a different color or specific settings not listed below. Just make sure to check the sizing, and it suits all of your needs.
Here is a list of the main features the Farberware has to offer:
- Compact Sizing (17.2″ height, 19.7″ width, 21.7″ depth)
- Six Place Setting which allows many dishes to be washed at the same time with a rack and utensil holder
- Quick Installation: Quick connect assembly with tools and instructions included
- Seven Convenient Washing Programs: Heavy Wash, Normal, Baby Care, Light Wash, Glass, Speed (45 minute washing cycle), and Self-Clean
- Extra-drying Function: Adds extra heat to the final rinse to enhance drying results ( only usable for heavy, normal, light, glass, baby care cycles)
- Child-lock for ease of mind
- LED Digital Controls that are Easy to Read for Cycle Picking and Error Signs
- Displays when dishwasher rinse is low
- Durable and Powerful with Heavy-Duty Stainless Steel
- Ability to Use Different Detergents: Liquid, tablets, and pods
- Portable for Moving
Here is a great overview video by Christopher Meyer:
The most attractive feature of this dishwasher is its compact size that can fit on a counter with ease. This dishwasher simply can fit on the counter and attaches to your kitchen faucet. Some have said they just move it when they are done using the dishwasher to clear up some counter space. However, with that being said, it is over 60 pounds, so it may not be moveable by everyone.
When making a “larger” purchase, ensuring that our money is being well spent for a product is important. We wouldn’t want our washer to break after a few uses. That is why the stainless steel design on this portable dishwasher is a plus. This machine should be able to withstand moves and withstand your rough kids loading the dishwasher.
Low Noise Level
As mentioned, the Farberware Countertop Dishwasher (FCD06ABBWHA) has a setting particularly for baby care. This is perfect for bottles, nipples, teething rings, and other baby toys. With that being said, nothing is more important than keeping quiet when you put your child down for a nap. This dishwasher allows you to clean all of the baby supplies in the dishwasher while he or she is napping. Who could complain about that!
While the big kids may need to do chores, the little kids should not be touching the dishwasher. This is especially true if there are knives or glasses in the dishwasher. This is why the child lock is a nice touch for the busy parent. Your portable dishwasher can stay on the counter, and they will not get injured if you enable the lock.
Pros and Cons
Some of the best features to recommend about this portable dishwashing machine from Farberware include:
- Less Waste of Water than Washing Dishes
- Pump Only Disperses Water a Few Times per Cycle
- Easy to Fit on the Counter
- Stainless Steel is a Nice Touch
- Six Settings Allow the Perfect Clean
- Low Noise Level
Some of the potential drawbacks to this portable dishwasher from Farberware are:
- For an item that is portable; it is on the heavy side at 63.8 pounds
- Some users state that the dishwasher pods do not dissolve well
- Some users say that this dishwasher is still heavy and difficult to move around if using in an RV
- Can be loud for a few minutes
- Sseveral users mentioned the nozzle does not fit on their faucet and the dishwasher does not come with instructions on how to change the nozzle
- Some recommend hiring a plumber to set up the dishwasher due to tricky instructions in set-up instructions
The positive features of this dishwasher seem to be fantastic and would make it the perfect new appliance to purchase. It is compact enough to fit on your counter and can even be moved to an RV or hotel room. Perfect if you will be traveling and don’t want to spend time washing dishes by hand. It has an impressive number (seven) of washing programs that can fit any need. The low noise level is also an advantage for those who have babies at home. Even those who are prone to headaches, or like to run their dishwasher before bed without noise.
With that being said, there are always a few downfalls with any product. Some say that the instructions are basic and the machine is easy to install. However, a few say the instructions are not clear enough if you do not have a basic kitchen faucet. This can cause problems and frustration amongst the buyers. If you do not have a simple kitchen faucet; then it may be wise to hire someone to install this countertop dishwasher. While this is an extra expense, it may save money in the long run if your machine should start to leak and cause damage. After it is installed, however, it should not give any problems.
Several owners also state that the dishwasher pods do not dissolve well in this machine. To avoid this problem, you can simply purchase a different type of soap. It Is recommended to use a liquid detergent because it dissolves quickly. You can also cut the corners of the pods and dispense just the liquid in the machine. Finally, the weight. This is a countertop machine so it has to be compact, but it is still almost 64 pounds. It would be nice to be able to move this dishwasher around if needed but is not possible for everyone.
Our rating: 4.5 / 5
It appears that there are a lot of advantages to purchasing the Farberware Countertop Dishwasher (Model FCD06ABBWHA), wouldn’t you say?. The dishwasher has great features that make it desirable and is efficient for those with limited space in their homes. It also helps you to avoid the dreaded task of washing dishes by hand.
The downfalls seem to include installation, as well as problems that have very quick fixes. These include using a different soap or not moving the dishwasher at all. To avoid any plumbing issues, you could just hire a professional. They will install the machine and you could avoid any potential plumbing issues with your kitchen. You could also avoid the different type of faucet situation. Let the professionals handle it!
I think it is clear that the Farberware Countertop Dishwasher (Model FCD06ABBWHA) would be a great addition to your home. It will also make your life that much easier, and you can spend more time with family over cleaning.