The air fryer is a kitchen counter convection oven with more power. (However, there is a distinction to be made between air-frying and baking.) The small gadget, patented by Uber Electronics Company, claims to replicate the effects of deep-frying using only hot air and little to no oil. In how it bakes and roasts, an air fryer is almost identical to an oven. However, the distinction is that its thermostat is only at the top and is accompanied by a big, powerful fan, producing super crispy food in little time — and, more importantly, with less oil than deep-fried counterparts.
According to the market research firm NPD Group, approximately 40% of the homes in the United States had one as of July 2020. This is because of its convenience as it can cook anything, from frozen chicken wings, homemade French fries to roasted vegetables and fresh-baked cookies.
We’re back with another air fryer review; this time, it’s for a Chinese brand that appears to be generic, the Uten Air Fryer. The manufacturer seems to be from the Chinese city of Shenzhen and makes various home appliances, such as kitchen scales, air humidifiers, and air fryers. let’s look at what this air fryer is all about including its features, performance as well as benefits and drawbacks.
Our rating: 4.6 / 5
About the Uten Air Fryer XL 6.9 QT
This Uten Air Fryer is a conventional bucket-type air fryer with a capacity of 6.5 liters (or 6.9 quarts). It is a new level fryer with eight cooking settings. It has all the standard features that you’d find in an air fryer these days, such as an automatic shutdown, Teflon pans coating in the cooking compartment, including both an air fryer basket and rack.
Besides the shake prompt feature (which is bordering on rare! ), it’s a pretty standard arrangement all around. The cooker will appear with reminders for when you can shake those French fries, so they cook evenly.
Apart from that, the unboxing experience is pretty simple. A small air fryer manual is present, but there is no recipe book. Uten has provided a free wire rack with this device, which is an exciting aspect. The air fryer has a standard air fryer configuration, which includes a portable cooking compartment. It also has an air fryer basket with one thermostat coil inside at the end.
Here you can check a good overview video by Sweet Dhec:
The package Includes:
- Electric Air Fryer
- User Manual
- Weight: 11 pounds
- Height: 14.5 inches
- Width: 10.5 inches
- Depth: (handle to power cord mount): 14.5 inches
- Capacity: 6.9QT
- Power: 1700
- Voltage: AC 120V
- Frequency: 60HZ
- Auto-Off: Yes
- Presets: eight
- Temperature range: 180-400 Fahrenheit
- Timer: 1 – 30 minutes
View this post on Instagram
Pros and Cons
Now that we know a little bit more about the Uten air fryer, let’s check out pros and cons.
- Performance: There are two main advantages. The first is self-evident: you can cook a lot of food in it. You can cook two to three different foods that cook relatively under the same heat or pressure. Even when you cook little food, there’s plenty of room to spread them out. It will ensure that it’s well cooked and even.
- Price: At the time of writing, you could buy the Uten Air Fryer well under $100. This air fryer gives you a lot of bang for your buck. It’s one of the advantages of purchasing a generic Chinese brand: you don’t have to pay for brand recognition. In comparison, the Philips air fryer is much smaller and costs about three times as much!
- Design: The fryer is very attractive. It’s made of a high-impact shiny black material. On the top of the unit are the optical setting controls and monitor. A pause/play button, a power/start button, a presets button, and a shake timer button are located along the monitor’s bottom. The temperature (left) and time (right) are adjusted using the two up/down arrows on the left and right, respectively (right). The rest of the display is just that: it’s a show. Fries, beef, shrimp, cake, pizza, fish, steak, and chicken are among the eight presets that can be selected by pressing the reset button—the reset button you’ve chosen flashes. On the front, just above the basket handle, is a temperature and timer indicator. The concept is perfect for an air fryer under $100. Uten has produced quality-oriented designs.
- Size: There was a recently published budget air fryer, roughly half the size of Uten, and costs almost the same. Yet, this model looks better than the others. So, Uten provides you with a pretty good kit. With a capacity of 6.9 quarts, your air fryer basket has enough space for a decently sized chicken. In addition, you could feed a moderate-sized family with this air fryer because of its size. This size is impressive for a typical bucket-style air fryer.
- Noise: It is impressive how the Air Fryer technology is improving. It is evident as this appliance is relatively quiet, despite its low price and large size. It was one of the quietest air fryers according to the decibel meter, and only a few people can attest to it.
Other benefits of this air fryer include:
- It cooks fast as it quickly reaches high temperatures.
- There is no need to preheat the oven.
- It’s suitable for both frozen and fresh foods.
- You can cook with little to no oil.
- It has a grill and nonstick basket.
- Safe to use and easy to clean.
- Secure and safe: Overcooking is now impossible because of the auto-shutoff feature.
- Performance: Regretfully, it is agreeable that the Uten air fryer has lost some of its air frying intensity. It’s most likely due to purchasing a budget air fryer of this size. The French fries were undercooked and not as golden brown as they should be. In the shortest amount of time, some people want crispy air fried rice. Because of this Uten’s poor cooking results, there’s been some concern about its energy efficiency, given that it’s a 1700-watt device. Otherwise, It would have been able to sustain a good cooking result with this ranking.
- Quality: This Uten Air Fryer XL 6.9 QT consistency isn’t quite up to par with other similarly priced air fryers. The consistency isn’t wrong, but there are a few major stumbling blocks. The cooking compartment moves is somehow rough when moving in and out of the machine. The hanging cooking compartment grows on the person the more it is used. The trunk wasn’t thoroughly flush the first time while cooking. It’s not only risky, but it’s also inconvenient because you have to practically drive it in with two hands to ensure it’s wholly inserted!
- Insulation: When using this air fryer alongside your Philips air fryer, you can find that the Philips model’s outside only got slightly warm to the touch during cooking. On the other side, the Air Fryer gets very warm to the touch. It’s not hot enough to burn you, but it’s a lot hotter than the Philips. This indicates that the unit’s insulation (and likely energy efficiency) is likely inadequate. To be truthful, this is a common issue with low-cost air fryers.
Is Uten Air Fryer XL Worth It?
Our rating: 4.6 / 5
If there were a complaint, it would be that the massive power comes at the expense of an enormous footprint. With a height of nearly 15 inches, this requires up a lot of storage space in our house, which is limited. Even with what the Uten Air Fryer brings to the table or countertop, that’s a pretty decent deal. It’s more likely become a permanent fixture in our kitchen. So far, you can be delighted with the outcomes. The Uten Air Fryer with 6.9QT is more than enough if you need a larger capacity air fryer. It can make enough fries for four or more people to eat. People who like crispy food will enjoy the fries because they get very crisp with very little oil. Therefore, it is ideal for non-oil lovers, bakers, and when cooking children’s food.